Her Bad Mother

Monday, March 6, 2006

Oooh, prizes...!

I never, ever, win the kind of contests where it's the luck of the draw or the scratch or the numbers or whatever. I don't have that kind of luck. I was lucky if I even got to the cereal box toy before my sister did. (I like to think of this in terms that Machiavelli set out - that I suffer 'a malignity of fortune' which is compensated for by my substantial virtu, or excellence. But that's another story...)

Malignity of fortune aside, I still LOVE contests. And there's a mommy-bloggin' contest going on over at A Mama's Rant, for BusyBodyBooks (which I learned about at A Mommy Story, where you can also find a very funny story about toddler cursing, as in 'what the f*** is up with my new diapers, bee-yotch'-type cursing coming from the mouths of babes. Which reminds me that I want to do a post about parent cursing, as in 'what the f*** is up with the swaddle'-type cursing from the mouth of mommy in front of babe. But I digress...)

A BusyBodyBook is a dayplanner for parents, which, although I have no direct experience of it, has got to be a good thing because hello? keeping track of all baby-related activities and appointments and whatever ain't easy when you're all bleary from the parenting business that you can't keep track of in the first place. So, yeah, want one, and you probably do too, so go check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home